A selection of microphones to achieve the best sound
Individual monitor mix
Studio recording is such a fun and creative process. At Phoenix Sound Studios your ideas will come to life and sound the best they possibly can. We will make sure every vocal or instrument is captured by selecting the appropriate microphone, preamp and microphone placement within a suitable acoustic space.
Large bands and small chamber orchestral groups, up to 25 musicians, can record live on up to 32 individual tracks simultaneously.
When recording, having just the right monitor mix is paramount. If you can’t hear, you can’t perform at your best. Surprisingly adequate headphone monitoring is usually an oversight at some studios. At Phoenix Sound Studios vocalists and musicians have complete control over their individual monitor mix throughout the recording process. This is totally independent from others that may be recording simultaneously and gives everybody what they really want – “more me!”
- Three different size rooms, all with visibility to each other – LIVE ROOM (30’x 20′), CONTROL ROOM (30’x 20′), VOCAL / DRUM BOOTH (10’ x 8’)
- Exceptional acoustics resulting in an incredible natural live sound
- Large bands and small chamber orchestral ensembles can be accommodated without being confined and can record live on up to 32 individual tracks simultaneously
- Plenty of natural light and beautiful scenery
- Individual personal monitoring on up to 16 channels
- State-of-the-art equipment including Neumann, Universal Audio, Avalon, RODE, RME, Yamaha and Belari
- Experienced engineer who is a professional musician
- Access to in-house instruments such Yamaha Maple Custom and Recording Custom drum kits, Roland V drums, amps and guitars is available – these are setup ready for recording
- Phoenix Sound Studios offers the highest standard in audio production hardware and software
- There is plenty of free and unrestricted secure off street parking making a stress free and easy access load in